Try These Math Magic Tricks And Math Games For Free
Math Magic Tricks 1
This magic trick is a good one. If you want people to think you are psychic or some thing magical try this math game for free. The answer you get from these questions will always add up to 4020. Ask these four questions, in any particular order.
1. How old will you be on the 31st of December of this year?
2. What year did something interesting or exciting thing happen in your life?
3. What year were you born in?
4. How many years ago did that interesting thing happen?
Example for myself, (at the time of writing this in 2010).
1. I am 33
2. In 2003 my daughter was born.
3. I was born in 1977.
4. My daughter was born 7 years ago.
If I add up all these numbers, 33+2003+1977+7=4020
Math Magic Trick 2
Here is a magic trick used by many magicians. What is the probability that a card (playing card) lands on a particular number?
The probability it will land on one side is half and the probability it lands on the other side is also a half. So, throw up a card in the air and ask someone what is the probability that it lands on a particular number.
Only before you actually throw it up, give it a bend. When it lands, hopefully it will land on both side as an L shape.
Math Magic Trick 3
Here is a math magic trick for all ages. Before you start this trick mention the word elephant, either draw it, or mention it in passing to whoever you are doing this math trick on.
Next, follow these steps:
- Pick a number between 1 and 10.
- Multiply that number by 3.
- Multiply that answer by 3 again.
- Add up the digits of your answer, it should always come to 9.
- Subtract the answer with 4 to give 5.
- Tell your trickee to think of an animal that represents the number they have worked out.
- Next ask your trickee if the animal they are thinking of is an elephant. Hopefully they should be thinking of this animal rather than an emu!
How does this work?
|Choose a number:||Multiply the number by 3||Multiply that answer by 3||Add the digits of that answer|| Subtract that answer by 4||Choose number 1:|| 1×3=3 ||3×3=9||0+9=9|| 9−4=5|
|Choose number 2:|| 2×3=6 ||3×6=18||1+8=9|| 9−4=5|
|Choose number 3:|| 3×3=9 ||3×9=27||2+7=9||9−4=5|
|Choose number 4: ||4×3=12||3×12=36||3+6=9||9−4=5|
and so on...
All the answers in the nine times table add up to give us 9. Such as 9, 18, 27, 36, 54, 63...
Do you know the quick way to work out your 9 times table with your fingers?
For more math tips and tricks try these books:
'Like' this site?
'Like' us on Facebook!
For feedback or questions why not leave a comment over there.
Return from Math Magic Tricks to Math Problem Solving